So how is the cigar box guitar project coming along? Well at the moment, for one reason or another, it has become a more theoretical exercise. But here are the bits I have bought so far, with how much of the £60 budget each bit cost.
- Cigar box: £2.00, bought at Huddersfield second hand market.
- Stereo Jack: £1.69, Maplin’s in Manchester.
- 220kΩ potentiometer: £1.41, Maplin’s again.
- 3 x Machineheads: £7.50, from the Guitar shop near my house.
- Brass tube: £2.05, local art shop.
So the total so far stands at a staggering £14.65, just less than a quarter of my total budget! The most expensive item of the project, the pickup, is yet to be bought but looks like I might be able to splash out a bit on this in the end. I hope to get started on the build around Hallowe’en.
Finally as I ended the last guitar post with a crude plan, here is a pic of how the head will look.